The Tetley Afternoon Tea Experience Challenge at lunch! 2015
The Tetley Afternoon Tea Experience Challenge will showcase the talents of Britain’s most innovative café chefs as they marry flavours of sweet and savoury products to complement the teas.
Although coffee tends to have a high profile in most cafes and coffee bars, tea has also now become increasingly popular, particularly with the introduction of specialist teas and this is recognised to be a good opportunity for outlets to capitalise on this British tradition.
To encourage this, sponsors Tetley are inviting entrants to come up with an afternoon tea promotion which offers consumers a selection that matches particular varieties of tea with specific food items and present them as a package. A prize of £500 will be awarded for the most original Tea Deal concept to complement one of the following infusions:
- Tetley Original
- Tetley Earl Grey
- Tetley English Breakfast
- Tetley Green
- Tetley Peppermint
- Tetley Camomile
- Tetley Red Berry
The competition, like the Café Life Awards, is completely free to enter and Cafe Life will provide the tea samples.
The afternoon teas will be judged by celebrity chef and executive chef at San Carlo Cicchetti, Aldo Zilli. Plus, finalists will receive a pair of tickets for the Café Life Awards Dinner at the Grange Tower Bridge Hotel, London.
The following Tetley Afternoon Tea Experience Challenge Finalists have been announced;
– Barny Luxmoore from The Mock Turtle/Jabberwocky Streetfood in Leamington Spa with their entry: Afternoon Tea Sushi
– Dawn Roe from Saints & Sinners – Beverley, East Yorkshire with two entries – The Gent’s Afternoon Tea and The Greenhouse Effect
– Dominic Salter from The Sandwich Box – Cheltenham with his entry: Mad Earl Grey Afternoon Tea
– Katarina Willingham from Lemon & Soul, Cookery School With A Twist, Southampton with her entry Tetley Inspired Afternoon Tea
– Richard Farrington from The Old Forge Caffe & Restaurant – Dartmoor, Devon with his take on a Devonshire Cream Tea.